We are proud to announce that as of last week the International School of Ticino has officially become an IB continuum school authorised to offer PYP, MYP, and DP, guaranteeing IB education for children from 3-18/19 in the Ticino Region. The International School of Ticino is the only IB continuum school in Ticino and worldwide research proves that attendance at an IB continuum school can lead to higher achievement at the DP programme. In doing this the school has joined an elite group of 5000 schools worldwide who offer the IB continuum to their students. To verify the school the IB undertakes two separate phases: candidacy and authorisation, looking at all matters from existing programmes and teaching, to future plans and development against a set of 84 standards. There is no set deadline of how long a school can take to achieve this, but traditionally it will take a minimum of 2 years. The time period in which IST has secured this accolade this echoes the achievement of the IST team. In the final reports issued to the school IST has received 15 commendations for outstanding practice. Please see below a selection of those:
- There is strong and overarching commitment to the programme by all members of the school community, including staff, students and parents.
- There is strong evidence of a culture of respect for students and genuine care for the school community from all stakeholders.
- The school has systems in place to provide sustainable support addressing the changing needs of the school population.
- The school has developed a system of frequent reporting that is individualized and detailed • Teaching and learning at the school ensure that students develop as independent learners who take responsibility for their own learning
- The school promotes open communication based on understanding and respect.
- The school for establishing connections with the local community and including learning experiences that promote students' awareness of individual, local, national, and world issues.
We have opened enrolments for the academic year 2021/2022. Please feel free to contact us and schedule a personalized meeting either on site or virtually via Zoom to get a better understanding of the IB (International Baccalaureate Programme) and how it can support your child’s future success. We look forward to meeting with you very soon.